• Last modified 6381 days ago (Dec. 7, 2006)
  • Return to Checkerboard

Obtain a CRSC claim form

Combat-Related Special Compensation is a benefit that provides military retirees monthly tax-free compensation that concurrently supplements their VA disability pay (VA waiver) and retired pay.

However, many veterans do no complete the application process because they find it too difficult to document their combat injuries.

Obtain a claim form for CRSC online at or call the CRSC Service center at 866-21-3254 to request a form in the mail. Complete your claim and send it with the appropriate documentation. Make sure to include all DD-214s with the application.

State American Legion service officers and VA counselors also can provide assistance.