• Last modified 4504 days ago (Dec. 22, 2011)


Your ribbons

If you or you are the next of kin of a veteran who has lost your medals, the U.S. Army Veteran Medal Unit can help recover them. A written request along with a copy of the DD Form 214 or other discharge papers or orders should be sent to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), 9700 Page Ave., St. Louis MO 63132-5100. You can also use the NPRC website at

If you never received your medals, there will be no charge. If requesting replacement sets, there will be a nominal fee. After the NPRC processes your request, you will receive a listing of medals authorized and the request will be forwarded to the Veteran Medals Unit. You can find more information and check your status request at or call 877-827-9026.

Last modified Dec. 22, 2011