Send those address changes!
The 99th mailbox often overflows with letters, dues checks, address changes, and various other requests. The box also has its share of those yellow notification cards the post office sends out, alerting the recipient that there is “postage due.”
It appears that 99’ers are a mobile bunch. This time of year, “snowbirds” are making the annual pilgrimage to warmer climes. In the spring, they reverse the journey. Others are downsizing, making the move to smaller dwellings.
Most “return to sender” notices from the post office contain updated addresses for members. However, there are some that are tagged “temporarily away,” or worse yet, “unable to forward.”
Each return costs the association 50c. Through generous donations from the membership, the postage pot is still in the black. The bigger concern is that members are missing out on the latest issues of the Checkerboard.
The following members have been among the latter. Their Checkerboards have been returned, marked “unable to forward.”
- Frank Goodwin, 2813 Pembrook Dr., Orlando FL 32810.
- James Evans, 1290 National Rd., #102, Wheeling WV 26003.
- William Huth, 9519 Windridge Dr., Cincinnati OH 45248.
- Robert Schnader, 457 Freemason Dr., Elizabethtown PA 17022.
- Alvin Buente, 7802 Upper Mount Vernon Rd., Evansville IN 47712.
Those marked “temporarily away” include:
- Frank Baranski, 8611 Sun Eagle Ln., Bradenton FL 34210.
- John Marcum, 5680 Foxlake Dr., N. Fort Myers FL 33817.
- Harold Wilder, PO Box 495823, Port Charlotte FL 33949.
- Robert Koch, 6415 Chesterfield Ct., Lincoln NE 68520.
- Rubin Bokoff, 15999 Lomond Hills Trl., Delray Beach FL 38446.
- Helen Collins, 10559 NW 32nd Rd., Gainesville FL 32606.
If your name – or your buddy’s name – is on this list, send a change of address to 99th Infantry Division Association, PO Box 99, Marion KS 66861.
Don’t miss out on future issues of the Checkerboard.